Be Conscious

       Consciousness



The one quality of human being which holds the most credentials for the prolific development of human lives is consciousness. It is the state of being aware of an external object /environment or something within oneself. The transition from stone-age to space exploration had been possible due to our constant effort and being conscious about our surrounding .It is one the unsolved mysteries for years.
Philosophers and scientists have been at war for decades over the question of what makes human beings more than complex robots.

We know something about the about the body and brain, but what about the subjective life inside?

Few years ago when mistakenly I touched a hot utensil thanks to my reflex action it got my hand away from that hot object .And when I saw my hand I realized that this is my hand ,this is me. WHOAAA????? And what the hell i am alive .What it feels to be alive?? I don’t know. I am not an animal not an insect not any other human being. How it feels to be  someone else. I have heard that bats communicate through radiations .What??? How do they do that? What it feels to be bat? Lots of things started pondering over my head. It made me feel like an alien.
Any creature who thinks like that is conscious.

It’s hard to believe that many scientists has denied of any such thing as consciousness.

The clearest examples are : perceptual experience ,such as tastings and seeing’s; body-sensational experiences ,such as those of pains ,tickles and itches ;imaginative experiences ,such as those of one’s own actions or perceptions ; and streams of thought ,as in the experience of thinking ‘in words’ or ‘in images’. Introspection and phenomenality seem independent, or dissociable, although this is controversial.

This are different levels of consciousness as explained in the figure
           


Philosophers and non –philosophers differ in their intuitions about what consciousness is. While most people have a strong intuition for the existence of what they refer to as consciousness is (including me).While some argue that this intuition is false either because the concept is intrinsically incoherent, or because our intuitions about it are based illusions.

It will also be interesting to know about the level of consciousness in kids.

There were three biggest questions that were pondering over for a long time.

Firstly, Is this whole thing the universe are made exclusively for us?? Copernicus was the first to make distance from this thought by arguing that Sun is the center of universe not earth.

Secondly, Are we the only intelligent being out there???
Darwin answered this question by giving “The theory of evolution” which said that this isn’t the last form of our physical and biological body neither the first we are evolving to our needs.


The third question asking about the relation between body and mind? No substantial theory has yet been put forth on this topic.

There is also buzz about consciousness after death .Recent studies have shown signs of being consciousness at time of a death .But there is still long way to go.

As Nikola Tesla famously quoted “My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core but I know it exists”.

Thanks for reading!!!
I hope you like it.
Long live science!!!

By-Amarnath Sharma.

Tell us in comments, facts you know about consciousness.

More posts to come. Stay Tuned, Stay Funk'd Up.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment